Monday, August 28, 2023

Hospital Visit

One year ago, I got the diagnostic that I had a very big myoma in my uterus - with some not so nice side effects. After trying to get it under control with medication, but not having the desired effect, I had to go for an operation: an hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) and removal of all myomas around (I had a huge one, but also a farm of 7 others).
With Covid still not under control, it was not a nice time to be in a hospital. Including the fact that Roger was allowed to visit me only one hour per day.

Preparation for the operation the night before: instead of drinking, this liquid is inserted from the bottom (literally :-D ). Definitely NOT a nice procedure... Although I also HATE to drink the liquid to clean the intestines, so not sure what is worse...

My bed at Luisenhospital in Aachen.

The view early in the morning. 
 
Among other things in my luggage, fleur du sel. I am limited to hospital food, but at least I can pimp it up a bit :-D

Ready to be rollout to the operation room. Yes, I'm smiling: I am an optimistic by nature :-D
 
Operation successfully done! Arriving to my room, a rainbow as welcome :-)
 
Fully awake again :-)

It was a bit scary when I woke up. As my myoma was too big (more than 20 cm) and I had several smaller ones, they had to perform the hysterectomy with a C-section. When I woke up, driven by the anesthesia, I couldn't feel my right leg. This was so scary :-(  No pain, but I couldn't stand up. They reduced the dosage of the anesthesia that was still connected on my back and then, the next morning, the feeling to the leg slowly came back again.
I was also very happy that a Brazilian friend of mine, physiotherapist, was working on the hospital on that time. She would come check on me from time to time, and she also helped me to stand up for the first time - and we had a great chat and laugh session, that really helps the recovery :-)

Oct 21st-22nd, 2020.

No comments: